Green Hosting and Why is IT Good
- Did you know that the average server produces the same emissions as a 15 mpg SUV?
- HostGator hosts over 4,000,000 websites on its shared and reseller web hosting servers.
- That means a lot of servers, and a lot of carbon emissions.
- So they asked themselves, what can they do to be part of the climate change solution?
- They took steps to minimize our environmental impact at the office, but still they weren't satisfied.
- They then switched to 36% more efficient servers, but still they weren't satisfied!
All of HostGator shared and reseller servers are now 130% wind powered!
That's right! 130%!
They not just neutralizing their environmental impact, we're reversing it!
HostGator has purchased certified Renewable Energy Credits representing 130% of the electricity used to both power and cool every last one of their shared and reseller servers!
Just how big a dent in climate change does that make?
It's the equivalent of:
- Removing 444 cars from the road for a year, or
- Powering 321 homes with clean energy for a year, or
- Saving 5,654 barrels of oil, or
- Protecting 551 acres of forest for a year.
From Green Hosting to Organic Homepage