The Real Health Benefits
of Aloe Vera
Health benefits of Aloe Vera has long been known for its natural healing and powerful regenerative properties.
Although scientists have not yet discovered all the secrets of Aloe Vera... they do realize that it is the "Specific Mixture of the Ingredients" in Aloe Vera that is responsible for giving the plant it's wide range of healing powers.
So-called "modern medicine" can't argue with the effectiveness of Aloe Vera on hundreds of maladies. Nourish yourself all the way to wellness.
Your body has a tremendous capacity to heal itself and bring itself back into balance. Natural-source nutrients and phytonutrients from whole-food sources like Aloe Vera will nourish and support your body.
Absorption is the key - Liquids are highly absorbable. With all the wonderful nutrients that are bio-available to your body in Aloe Vera Juice it is no wonder its been called the "Medicine Plant".
The aloe vera juice I take is highly effective and known for its full potential of ingredients. Here is a
list of my aloe vera products.
When the body gets what it needs, it then has the opportunity to address its health challenges.
Aloe Vera is nature’s gift.... Aloe vera is a rich source of over two hundred naturally occurring nutritional substances. The aloe leaf contains over 200 compounds, including 20 minerals, 18 amino acids, and 12 vitamins. Health benefits of aloe vera maintains a healthy digestive system and a healthy energy level.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Properties include:
Amino Acids - the building blocks of proteins. The human body requires 22 amino acids for metabolism but the body can only make 12 of them. Aloe Vera provides 20 of them. More importantly, it provides the 18 essential amino acids, that cannot be manufactured by the body and which therefore have to be consumed as food.
Vitamins – Aloe Vera contains a wide range of vitamins - A, B, C, E and Folic Acid. The most important ones are the antioxidant Vitamins C and E and Beta-Carotene, the precursor of Vitamin A.
It is also one of the few plants in the world that contains most of the B Vitamins. B1, B2, B4, B6, and Vitamin B12. The Vitamin B's are a very important stress regulator for the body. Like vitamin C they are water soluble so they need to be ingested daily.
Our skin is the front-line defense in our daily fight against pollution and other environmental irritants, so we need to protect and reinforce it with extra care. Aloe vera as a natural remedy is to soothe the skin. I use aloe vera moisturing lotion.
Medicinal Uses and Health Benefits of Aloe Vera:
- Use for analgesic, anesthetic, antibacterial.
- Poison ivy.
- After radiation treatment to minimize damage to skin.
- Stomach disorders, ulcers, constipation, colitis, colon problems, infections, varicose veins, skin cancer, arthritis, anemia, fever, hair (to stimulate growth), heartburn, hiatal hernia, liver problems, menopause, obesity, tapeworm, TB, throat problems.
- Immune stimulant.
- Clear inner gel of leaves is used externally as skin healer, moisturizer and skin softner ; also for cuts, burns, insect bites and stings , bruises, acne, blemishes, welts, ulcerated skin conditions, sunburn,eczema, sunburns, radiation burns, hemorrhoids, rectal itching, abrasions, psoriasis, ringworm, scar tissue, tumors, vaginitis, worms.
- Used in eye wash preparations. Experiments in eye drops being conducted to see if there is protection against ultra-violet sun rays.
- Tissue restorative.
- Used for skin cancer.
Aloe Vera Gel or Juice
There is much confusion between the "Gel" and "Juice" of Aloe Vera.
The Gel refers to the inner leaf only, contains most of the beneficial parts of the plant. The juice refers to Aloe Latex which is the bitter substance found just under the skin of the leaf.
REMEMBER only fresh Aloe Vera has any remarkable properties.
Which means any products made from re-constituted freeze dried Aloe Vera would have little benefit as it is unlikely that all of its beneficial components will have survived freeze drying.
Always look for the word “stabilized”.
With so much variation in the market it is very hard to really know what the best product with the best quality. To make it easier for you to choose here are five key tests:
- A seal on the package or container: The Official IASC (International Aloe Science Council.
- Certification that it has been Organically Grown or Kosher Grown.
- First ingredient should read, “Stabilized Aloe Vera Gel” (beware of products that state water (aqua) as the first ingredient.
- Product should be sold in a sealed container that preserves the integrity of the contents.
- At least a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
Remember...."When the body gets what it needs, it then has the opportunity to address its health challenges".
The Aloe Vera Products I use was the first to receive the International Aloe Science Council Seal of Approval (as mentioned above) for consistency and purity. Also, these products are not tested on animals.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera
From Health Benefits of Aloe Vera to Aloe Vera Products
From Health Benefits of Aloe Vera to Organic Sites
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.